Friday, March 13, 2009

Shaved!


Today was the Big Day. I shaved my head for the first time since I was twelve. It 
was a very emotional experience that I will never ever forget. All I 
could think about was Darleen and how I 
miss her and I wish she could have been there to shave my head. I wore her "Fight for Felten" shirt today to school. I couldn't help but think of all the young ones we have lost over the years to this horrible disease of cancer. It makes me so angry that they have to go through some painful things to get better. They are the Heroes in my life. They are the ones that wake up every morning with a shield
 and a sword ready to fight the battle of cancer for one more day. From what I've heard Darleen would say a little prayer every single time she went into the hospital and saw kids suffering from cancer. She said "Lord give the rest of my years to these kids I've had to have 20 wonderful years let them live instead of me." Every time I hear about a child who overcomes the battle of cancer I will 
think of Darleen's Prayer and how her
legacy will live on through the surviving kids. She was the best and I miss her so much. Today was me paying tribute to her memory.  I feel very blessed and privledged to know strong hearted people like Darleen. So much has changed over the last 6 months but I'm still here, still strong and still the best person I can be.  I will always go by a strong quote Darleen said "Giving up is not an Option!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment